Before we launch into a few of the many photos ... just a quick note to say that our next meeting is on Monday 3 July (this Monday) from 6 - 8 p.m. ... 21 Lyndon Street, Curepe. We will be recapping the REvolution and planning for our next symbolic creative event, which will take place on the first Friday or Saturday of August.
The rain held us back at the beginning. Here, a few members shelter under the canopy of a $10 store before taking to the streets.
This photo is both poignant and ironic. The street woman seems to be saying: "Don't pass me by. Remember me ..."
Reveal the Truth with every step you take in this life.
Even the rain could not keep us back. The placard with REFLECT should have been in this shot.
Ras Iton rides into Curepe on his 'local transport' - a skateboard.
After the walk, Malik kicks off our concert on the sidewalk with some hip hop poetry outside of Sidewalk Radio station
Gamma Ghost calls down the spiritual power through his words
Ras Iton sings with reverence for Mother Earth
Glen brings peace and love through his 60's style
Elspeth strums in some vibrations of awareness
Liseli shares some conscious vibes
Janessa reflects on the holistic state of being through her poetry
Any members who would like a full CD of images from the REvolution, please walk with a blank CD to the meeting on Monday 3 July, 2006.
* All who came and contributed to the REvolution in one way or another
* Sidewalk Radio for doing so many on-air interviews with our members today, for promoting the venture in the 2 week run-up and for supporting us in general
* The police for clearing the way
* Azena for Radio 105 for seeing us, stopping and asking what was going on and giving us coverage via cellphone to the station
* Chanzo Greenidge for making copies of the DVD with the three anti-smelter videos and distributing them along the way